Become a Housing Host!
With the recent expansion of Opera Southwest’s season offerings and apprentice program, we need to grow our network of host families and vehicle lenders! Utilizing host housing and borrowed cars enables Opera Southwest to bring artists from all over the country to Albuquerque for our operas. Hosting an artist or lending your car are some of the most meaningful ways you can support Opera Southwest, and hosts gain a unique perspective on what goes into the production of an opera.
Typically, performers come into town 16 days before the first performance and stay around 25 days in total. For exact dates, you can inquire in the form at the bottom of this page.
- Housing must be within a reasonable driving distance from downtown Albuquerque or must have easy freeway access
- Housing must be non-smoking
- Pet-free housing is preferred because of allergies, but we can often be flexible with advance notice about in house pets
- Private bedroom for the guest with access to a bathroom that is not the primary bathroom for the rest of the family
- Access to kitchen and laundry facilities
- Opera Southwest Company Members are responsible for their own food and transportation*
*If you have an extra vehicle that you won’t need for the above periods, please fill out the below form and check the “Vehicle Donation” box.
Why Host or Loan a Car?
- Attend our Guild Pre-Opera Seminar as our guest
- Receive two tickets to the final dress rehearsal or the Wednesday night performance (if available)
- Be a part of the Opera Southwest family and get to know a performer or key production member personally. Many hosts develop lifelong friendships with our performers!