Assistant to the Executive Director
We are searching for an Assistant to the Executive Director to be responsible for support of the Executive Director, but who will also be required to regularly interact with and be responsible for the needs and requests of Opera Southwest’s donors and patrons. As a small company, this position wears many hats and touches multiple functional areas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support funding solicitation and marketing efforts of the Executive Director.
- Facilitate fulfillment of VIP ticket requests.
- Respond to miscellaneous donor, customer and public inquiries
- Perform a variety of general administrative/secretarial and fundraising duties as assigned to assist with on-going fundraising workload and special events.
- Process donations and aid in preparation of donor communications
- Assist in maintenance of donor and funder database and files.
- As skill set allows, aid in bookkeeping tasks.
- Publish monthly e-newsletter, manage social media accounts
- Coordinate volunteers/help guild
- Coordinate travel and contract flow for guest artists
- Assist as assigned coordinating production activities
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned and skills allow.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Working knowledge of and comfort working with:
- Microsoft Office (Excel & Word)
- Constant Contact
- Ability to work and think independently, a motivated self-starter who also works well in teams.
- Strong writer
- Knowledge of and interest in opera desirable.
This position is currently part-time, 20-30 hrs/wk.
Evenings and weekends required approximately 20 days/year (performances and events).
Starts at $15-$17/hr. dependent on experience. Opera Southwest is a dynamic and growing company, and this role has substantial room to grow for a motivated and qualified candidate.
To apply, please email resume & statement of interest with 2-3 references to email@example.com.